Dealing with how to clean carpet dog smell on carpet can be frustrating, but it’s a common issue that has effective solutions. This step-by-step guide aims to walk you through the entire process, ensuring that even a beginner can successfully eliminate unpleasant dog odors from their carpet.
Table of Contents
Materials You Will Need
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Liquid Soap
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Soft Brush
- Towels or Cloth
Click here for more articles like this – Carpet Cleaning Guide: Navigating the Maze of Muck and Stains
- Identify the Affected Areas: Walk around the room and locate where the dog smell is strongest.
- Vacuum the Area: Use a vacuum cleaner to remove loose dirt and pet hair.
Cleaning the Carpet
- Prepare a Cleaning Solution: Mix a cup of white vinegar with two cups of warm water and a tablespoon of liquid soap.
- Apply the Solution: Use a spray bottle to lightly mist the solution over the affected area.
- Scrub: Use a soft brush to gently scrub the area.
- Rinse: Dab a clean cloth in warm water and rinse off the solution from the carpet.
Drying and Deodorizing
- Blot the Area: Use towels to blot the area until it’s as dry as possible.
- Apply Baking Soda: Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the area and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Vacuum Again: Vacuum the area to remove the baking soda.
How to Clean Carpet Dog Smell on Carpet: Additional Tips
If you’ve followed these steps and still find that the dog smell persists, consider consulting a professional for deep cleaning.