Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum is a cordless vacuum from the Dyson V7 series. This series is the improved version of the V6 series.
There are different features that are typical of Dyson vacuum cleaners including cordless and bagless features. However, there are some variations in the V7 series.
There are 4 models in the V7 series: Dyson Absolute, Animal, Motorhead, and HEPA. These models are basically the same thing except for slight variations in the accessories each model comes with.
We honed our inquisition on the Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum for this review. If you want to know if this is the one for you, we’ve got you covered.
Why Is Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum Unique?
Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum is unique because it is versatile and can be transformed into a handheld cleaner.
It can clean up hardwood floors and carpets using the motorized head. It can also be used for more close up cleaning of car seats, furniture, and hard to reach corners.
Video: Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum
Watch this video for a full demonstration of how the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum works.
What Are The Features Of Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum?
The features of the Dyson V7 motorhead vacuum are:
1. The handle.
2. Cleaning tools.
1. The Handle
What are the interesting features of Dyson V7 handle?
The interesting features of the Dyson V7 handle are:
1. Release lever for dustbin.
2. Mode button.
3. Power button.
4. Connection point.
5. Tool release button.
The release lever helps to lift the dustbin. Then the dustbin opens up at the bottom, spilling its content instead of opening it and coming in contact with the debris. The dustbin should be positioned over a waste bin before you lift the release lever.
Next to the dustbin release button is the Mode Button. Dyson V7 Motorhead has two intensity modes: high and low. Each of these modes helps you clean different surfaces depending on how fine and/or delicate they are. The mode button helps you switch between modes.
The power button is strategically positioned on the inside of the handle. The idea is for you to hold down the power button for as long as you’ll be using the vacuum cleaner. Letting go of the button signals the vacuum cleaner that you’re done so it’ll shut off.
The connection point is where the cleaning tools are attached to. Additionally, there’s also a button at the top of the connection point. This button is otherwise called the tool release button because clicking it makes the vacuum cleaner let go of whatever tool it is holding.
2. Cleaning Tools
What are the cleaning tools found in the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum?
The cleaning tools found in Dyson V7 motorhead vacuum are:
1. Motorized tool (brush bar).
2. Crevice tool.
3. Combo tool.
4. Vacuum wand.
These are cleaning accessories that are responsible for picking up dust and debris.
Dyson V7 brush bar has 75% more power than its V6 counterpart. This ensures deeper cleaning of floor coverings like carpets and mats. It has a suction power of 21 watts at its lowest and 100 watts at its highest.
Furthermore, the Motorhead comes with two other cleaning accessories that are for specialized cleanings such as walls, ceilings, car seats, and furniture cleaning.
These cleaning tools (crevice and combo) can be attached directly to the connection point on the handle. However, for better reach, especially when you’re dealing with floors and ceilings, you’ll need the vacuum wand.
The vacuum wand is basically a 49-inch stick that makes the Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum adapted for reach. The other interesting thing about the vacuum wand is the battery indicator.
The battery indicator is basically a light that gets dimmer as the battery life reduces.
Finally, attaching these tools including the wand to the connection point is a piece of cake. Basically, you just have to push the accessory into the connection and be sure to hear a click.
How long does the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum last?
Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum battery lasts for 30 minutes if you are not using the motorized tool. It lasts for 6 minutes when it is on MAX mode. Additionally, Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum requires a minimum of 3 hours and 30 minutes of charge before its first use.
There are two ways you can charge this vacuum cleaner. You can use the charger that the cleaner comes with or use the docking station.
To attach the cleaner to the docking station you’ll need to lift it up until it clicks. Then press it down to the dock.
Is Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum User Friendly?
Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum is user friendly. Dyson has made this vacuum model a little bit easier to operate compared to other models previously launched.
The introduction of the dustbin release lever and the connection point release lever amongst other features makes this model a must get.
What Are The Unique Pros Of Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum?
The unique pros of Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum are:
1. They are lightweight.
2. They have a more sanitary dustbin system.
3. They can serve as a stick vacuum cleaner and as an handheld cleaner.
At 5.3 pounds, the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum is relatively lightweight. We really like this especially seeing that the vacuum cleaner can be used to clean crevices on walls and ceilings. No one wants to lift so much weight in a bid to reach high up.
Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum has a dustbin release lever mechanism that allows you to open it without having to touch the dust or debris. It makes cleaning more sanitary for everybody.
3. 2-in-1 Cleaner
Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum can be a stick cleaner and can also be turned into a handheld device. This isn’t a new thing with Dyson vacuum cleaner but it is still something to get psyched about.
What Are The Unique Cons Of The Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum?
The unique cons of the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum are:
1. It can only remove dust and small debris. So, you have to handpick large debris before using this cleaner.
2. It is more expensive than other stick cleaners. So, it is not the best option if you are on a tight budget.
Alternative Options To The Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum
More Sophisticated Option
Dyson V7 Animal Vacuum is another model from the V7 series. It is a more sophisticated option for a number of reasons.
The brush bar has 150 more power than the V6 series which is two times the brush bar power of our featured vacuum cleaner. This allows the Dyson V7 Animal Vacuum to reach and clean more hidden dirt and debris.
Furthermore, the Dyson V7 Animal Vacuum comes with a number of accessories that our featured vacuum cleaner does not have. They include a specialized motorized tool for pet hair and hard to reach dirt, a dusting brush, and a HEPA filter.
However, be prepared to pay a little bit extra if this vacuum model is what you want.
Check out these interesting articles from our previous post:
- Dyson V8 Vs Shark IONFlex – Detailed Comparison
- Dyson V6 Absolute Vs Fluffy – Detailed Comparison
- Dyson V6 Vs Shark Rocket – Detailed Comparison
- Shark IONFlex Vs Dyson V10 – Detailed Comparison
- Dyson V7 Vs Dyson V8 – Detailed Comparison
- Dyson V10 Vs V6 – Which Is Better For You?
More Affordable Option
If you are on a tight budget, you can consider the Dyson V6 Motorhead vacuum.
The basic differences between this model and our featured vacuum cleaner are the battery life and the dustbin. It has a battery life of 20 minutes and you will have to lift the dustbin when emptying it.
If you think 20 minutes is enough time to do your cleaning and you don’t mind emptying the dustbin with your hands, consider getting a Dyson V6 Motorhead vacuum.
Unlike the other vacuum cleaners featured, the Dyson V7 Trigger handheld vacuum is a handheld cleaner and cannot be adapted to be anything else.
It doesn’t cost as much as the other cleaners here. So, if you already have a vacuum cleaner but looking for something more specific, you could try this model.
Check out the review we did on this vacuum for more information.
Comparison Table Of Dyson V7, V6, And V8 Animal Cordless Stick vs V7 Trigger Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum CleanerClick here to get it!
Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum CleanerClick here to get it!
Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum CleanerClick here to get it!
Dyson V7 Trigger Handheld Vacuum CleanerClick here to get it!
|Type||Stick cleaner that can be transformed to a handheld||Stick cleaner that can be transformed to a handheld||Stick cleaner that can be transformed to a handheld||Handheld cleaner|
|Normal Battery Life||30 minutes||20 minutes||40 minutes||30 minutes|
|Picks Up Large Debris||No||No||Yes||No|
|Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Fuchsia (227591-01)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron||Prime||Buy Now|
|Dyson (210691-01) V6 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Fuchsia||Prime||Buy Now|
|Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner||Prime||Buy Now|
What People Think About The Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum
There are mixed reactions about the Dyson V7 Motorhead vacuum.
Some people are okay with the vacuum cleaner especially seeing as the dustbin has been adapted to be ‘no dust touch’ and has a bit more battery power.
However, other people would want it to have more power on the MAX mode as 6 minutes seems to be too short a time. Also, the price of this model seems to be throwing some people off especially because the improvements on the V6 series aren’t so enormous.
What We Think About Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum
We like the Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum and think it is a nice cleaning tool. 30 minutes battery life gives us more time to get our home clean and its sanitary nature is an added advantage.
However, if this feature and the 10 minutes time difference does not mean so much to you, you should consider something from the V6 series. You’ll be getting a good vacuum cleaner and saving some money.
Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum – Related FAQs
Why Is Dyson V7 Motorhead Turning On And Off?
The following are reasons why the Dyson V7 motorhead is turning on and off:
- Blocked cleaning tools. When vacuuming, the cleaner can suck up large debris that may block the cleaning tool or wand. Identify what is blocking the cleaning tools and remove them.
- Blocked bin. Remove the bin and check for any blockages in the bin inlet. If there are any visible blockages, remove them. Also, inspect the bin inlet flap and remove all blockages.
- Dirty filter. Filthy filters can be the cause of a pulsating hoover. Remove the filter and wash it with cold water. Leave it to dry for 24 hours and test the vacuum cleaner again.
What Causes A Vacuum To Overheat?
The following are causes of vacuum overheat:
- An overfilled filter bag or canister. This can cause the dirt to overflow to the inner areas of the vacuum cleaner and block the motor causing it to overheat.
- Clogs in different parts of the vacuum cleaner like the attachments, brushes, and hose can prevent good airflow inside the vacuum. Examples of such obstructions are hair, strings, carpet piling, and threads.
- Improperly positioned belts on the roller brush which can be caused by obstructions and faulty or worn out belts. This may break the belt and cause the motor to overheat.
- Dirt in the air filter.
You must fix these problems to stop the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
What Is The Light On Dyson Battery Showing When Charging?
The light showing on your Dyson battery when charging indicates the following:
- Solid amber light: Amber light shows that the battery is not charging. This may be due to a temporary technical fault such as when the cleaner is too cold or hot.
- Solid blue: This shows that the battery is charging.
- Red blink light: This shows that there is a faulty part of the vacuum cleaner that needs fixing.
- No light or white light: This shows the battery is fully charged.
Does Dyson V7 Motorhead Have HEPA Filter?
Dyson V7 motorhead vacuum cleaners do not have a HEPA filter system. The HEPA filtration system helps to filter the air during vacuuming. This purifies the air in the process, removing allergies.
The absence of an HEPA filter in the Dyson V7 motorhead can pose an issue to people with allergies, respiratory problems, or asthma. If this feature is not so important to you, you can make do with this vacuum model as it has other great features.
How Do You Prolong The Life Of Your Vacuum?
To prolong the life of your vacuum, take the following precautions:
- Do not overfill the dust cap as this can lead to a reduction in airflow, clogged filters, and loss in action. So, make sure you empty the dust cap after each use.
- Clean the cyclones regularly to prevent the accumulation of dirt, which can prevent the proper function of the vacuum cleaner.
- Wash the motor filter at least every 3 months.
- Do not vacuum large pieces of glass as they can puncture the interiors of the cleaner.
- Do not run over the power cord of your vacuum while cleaning. This can disrupt the flow of electric current from the wall to your cleaner.
Which is Better: Dyson Or Shark?
Dyson is better than Shark vacuum cleaners as they have more suction power. Although they both provide easy usability and great cleaning, they are slightly different.
Both cleaners differ in their prices (Dyson is more expensive). Also, the Dyson vacuum models are slightly heavier than Shark. Your choice of vacuum cleaner depends on the type of cleaner you want, your budget, and the features you desire.
So, when choosing a vacuum cleaner, make sure you pick a model that suits your lifestyle and cleaning needs.